Skip to main content

Sunny Spring Days

 Psalm 138 
I give you thanks with all my heart.
Not to idols, but to you I sing praise.
I bow down toward your kadosh temple
and give thanks to your name for your grace and truth;
    for you have made your word [even] greater
    than the whole of your reputation.
When I called, you answered me,
you made me bold and strong.
All the kings of the earth will thank you, YHVH,
when they hear the words you have spoken.


They will sing about YHVH’s ways,
“Great is the kavod of YHVH!”
For though YHVH is high, he cares for the lowly;
while the proud he perceives from afar.
You keep me alive when surrounded by danger;
you put out your hand when my enemies rage;
with your right hand you save me.
8 YHVH will fulfill his purpose for me.
Your mercy, YHVH, continues forever.
Don’t abandon the work of your hands!


This week of spring we have enjoyed sunny days and survived wild windy days.  Hebron is such a beautiful place on these warm and pleasant days.

Millie and Fergie (or T-Bone and Rump) have settled in well and eagerly come up to be hand-fed hay.  Fergie's leg is healing nicely and he is even managing an excited little skip when he runs up for his hay.


The fruit trees have been sprayed for curly leaf this week and the apricots of set some fruit.  Unfortunately the wind blew a lot of blossom off so there's not a great amount this year either.  I will get some bird netting this week and make sure that the little fruit we have are not fodder for the birds.

The flock are all doing well, but some have decided to test Trevor's electric fence and escape through to the dam paddock.  However, they're cleaning up the shed paddock slowly but surely and even bunkered down in front of the shed during the high winds.

After a discussion with Commodore Sharkey it was decided that our excellent boating facilities should not be wasted and therefore an annual Sukkot Regatta will be held each year.  

Everyone is encouraged to prepare their entries according to the only regatta rule - only wind, steam or electric engines allowed.  There will be different class events accordingly.  Practice events may be held during the year, depending on the weather.  I thought I might have a go at building this:  http://www.csiro.au/helix/sciencemail/activities/Steamboat.html

Shalom until next time


Comments

  1. Hah, until I followed your link I was assuming it was something that should carry someone, (was rather excited about the idea)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a good idea! We should do a raft race this summer before the dam goes dry.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the Hebron Herald.

Shalom

Popular posts from this blog

Moedim Preparations

Spring Festival Preparations For us in the southern hemisphere Yom Teruah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot falls in spring.  I might be biased but I think we're pretty blessed to have the new year begin when there's new life and blossom appearing.  On the other hand the weather and wind can be a unpredictable but hey, it keeps it real for Sukkot! This year there's the anticipation of celebrating Sukkot and all that it prophetically points to, but there is a longing to fellowship with our Father and bless Him, listen to Him and enjoy His family. Yakira and I have been excited with the very real expectation that for us there will be a freshness and new life so we have been busy making sure the fellowship home and gardens reflect this.   So we not only make physical preparations but we prepare our hearts.  Yom Teruah has been, Yom Kippur is upon us and Sukkot is before us.  Looking forward to seeing you all drive through our gates!

Misty Moments

 July 2023 I've had a long hiatus in updating the blog but after some prompting I thought I'd pop up a short video.  Yakira and I took some short clips of some of us and we'll do that regularly from now on.  Every month our fellowship meets at Hebron to worship, to honour Shabbat, to enjoy each other's company and to maintain and develop the property.  Those who can stay overnight so we can have more time to be together.  It may seem an odd concept for regular church goers but it's entirely natural for us and something we look forward to.   Eating together, hanging out, working and worshipping together all develops relationships, hones personalities and gives the Ruach time to refine and encourage us. This month was a delightful wintery, misty weekend.  We are at the end of the Mount Lofty ranges so when the cloud sits low it's like being in your own private little world.  Brendan and Neal worked on fixing the house water tank and John was relegated to the tract

Sukkot 2023 - The Winter is Past...

  The voice of my lover.  Behold, He is coming Leaping over the mountains, springing over the hills My lover is like a gazelle or a young buck among the stags Look!  He is standing behind our wall, gazing through the windows Peering through the lattice. In response my lover said to me, "Get yourself up, my darling my pretty one, and come.  Come! For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over, it's gone. Blossoms appear in the land and the time of singing has come...  Song of Songs 2 *   *   * What a blessed time we had over Sukkot here at Hebron.  A few weeks before the start of the festival I was impacted by the understanding that our Creator and Father anticipates meeting with His children more than we anticipate meeting with Him.  His love, His desire to meet with us individually and as a fellowship far surpasses ours, to a degree that it is impossible for us to comprehend.  And meet with Him we did. The moed are His.  His appointments with people who call on His Name, ob