Skip to main content

Some Things I've Learnt ....

Last week we had to bring the flock in and there was a bit of a drama as we had to take them through the cow paddock, which naturally the cows nor the alpacas nor the sheep appreciated.  This event tied together in my mind with a poignant comment that Justin made at our sabbath gathering about how there was a time that the Ruach HaKodesh revealed to him that an issue that was evident in the family originated from his own behaviour and the remedy was his own repentance and behavioural change.  This is certainly not a situation unique to his family, as we all have similar instances I'm sure and Hebron is no different.


Some of the frustrations or difficulties that we have experienced here at Hebron have been a result of either our inexperience, procrastination or faulty actions.  I was discussing the sheep handling with Brendan this week and thought I'd send around an email with some YouTube clips and observations that may help our future planning.  However, I believe that we are becoming more adept at learning and responding, and even pre-empting at times.

Unfortunately I didn't pre-empt the following situation.  I've been thinking over the last month that I really should shore up the fenceline separating the cow paddock from the vege patch area because as the paddocks get drier the trees on the vege patch side are going to look all the more appetising.  Milly had started to nibble on one of the trees but still I didn't motivate myself to find a solution, until I went out the other day to find they had leaned over and eaten off the tops of all the trees closest to the fenceline.  I was more annoyed with myself than them because I had delayed in my response.  Should really take Israel's lead and take a pre-emptive strike approach!


I was so thankful to see rolls of wire sitting exactly where I needed them so I simply rolled them out and twitched them to the fenceline.  A few hours later, hey presto - problem solvered!  Now if I had of done that a month ago the trees down the fence line would now be intact.....

So what have I learnt over the past few years here at Hebron?


never bend over fixing a fence while there's an inquisitive cow close by;
follow your gut instincts!
be ready for any upcoming season;
wear boot sock protectors
start the day with thanksgiving and gratefulness
never trust automatic watering readings
trust automatic watering readings
never procrastinate - prioritise instead
plan ahead
check top tank water levels more often


I had cause to smile this week when I saw that the bottle brush plants have flowered for the first time.  I planted these last year underneath a couple of trees that I saw were dying and probably wouldn't come back, which is what happened.  So on this occasion a pre-emptive strike was successful :)

Shalom from Hebron on this new moon.  May Yeshua, our Messiah, bless and keep you.

















Comments

  1. "never trust automatic watering readings" stated twice! I do love and trust the water sensors so can't agree on that one. But the rest is great, thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not quite - first one was 'never trust' and the second mention was 'trust', because in my experience it is really a duopoly :) Speaking of which, better go for a wander in prep for the hot day tomorrow ....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the Hebron Herald.

Shalom

Popular posts from this blog

Moedim Preparations

Spring Festival Preparations For us in the southern hemisphere Yom Teruah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot falls in spring.  I might be biased but I think we're pretty blessed to have the new year begin when there's new life and blossom appearing.  On the other hand the weather and wind can be a unpredictable but hey, it keeps it real for Sukkot! This year there's the anticipation of celebrating Sukkot and all that it prophetically points to, but there is a longing to fellowship with our Father and bless Him, listen to Him and enjoy His family. Yakira and I have been excited with the very real expectation that for us there will be a freshness and new life so we have been busy making sure the fellowship home and gardens reflect this.   So we not only make physical preparations but we prepare our hearts.  Yom Teruah has been, Yom Kippur is upon us and Sukkot is before us.  Looking forward to seeing you all drive through our gates!

Misty Moments

 July 2023 I've had a long hiatus in updating the blog but after some prompting I thought I'd pop up a short video.  Yakira and I took some short clips of some of us and we'll do that regularly from now on.  Every month our fellowship meets at Hebron to worship, to honour Shabbat, to enjoy each other's company and to maintain and develop the property.  Those who can stay overnight so we can have more time to be together.  It may seem an odd concept for regular church goers but it's entirely natural for us and something we look forward to.   Eating together, hanging out, working and worshipping together all develops relationships, hones personalities and gives the Ruach time to refine and encourage us. This month was a delightful wintery, misty weekend.  We are at the end of the Mount Lofty ranges so when the cloud sits low it's like being in your own private little world.  Brendan and Neal worked on fixing the house water tank and John was relegated to the tract

Sukkot 2023 - The Winter is Past...

  The voice of my lover.  Behold, He is coming Leaping over the mountains, springing over the hills My lover is like a gazelle or a young buck among the stags Look!  He is standing behind our wall, gazing through the windows Peering through the lattice. In response my lover said to me, "Get yourself up, my darling my pretty one, and come.  Come! For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over, it's gone. Blossoms appear in the land and the time of singing has come...  Song of Songs 2 *   *   * What a blessed time we had over Sukkot here at Hebron.  A few weeks before the start of the festival I was impacted by the understanding that our Creator and Father anticipates meeting with His children more than we anticipate meeting with Him.  His love, His desire to meet with us individually and as a fellowship far surpasses ours, to a degree that it is impossible for us to comprehend.  And meet with Him we did. The moed are His.  His appointments with people who call on His Name, ob