Skip to main content

Dance of the Machanayim

After being away for six weeks it's good to be home at Hebron, enjoying the peace, tranquility and country views.  "Ahh, how's the serenity!" 
Figs on Trevor's young tree

While I was away I pondered this balance between our spiritual and temporal lives and how being torah observant provides that bridge between the both.  
This bridging is like the Dance of the Machanayim. 

Song of Songs 6:13 Return, return, Shulammite! Return, return, that we may gaze at you. Lover Why do you desire to gaze at the Shulammite, As at the dance of Machanayim?

The dance of the Machanayim, or the dance of the two armies, refers to the meeting Jacob had with angels after making his covenant with Laban.  The meeting of the heavenly and the earthly; the meeting of YHVH and mankind.  This lifestyle can be one of beauty and gracefulness, bringing us in close relationship with our Creator and Messiah and in the future one that will be looked upon with envy.  

Expanding flock
Gen 32:1-2 Ya`akov went on his way, and the angels of God met him. 2 When he saw them, Ya`akov said, "This is God's host." He called the name of that place Machanayim.

I'm afraid my journey along the Way doesn't appear beautiful or graceful to myself or even to others around me, however, I can be confident that when my Creator and Messiah looks upon it He does so with tenderness and affection.  I know I can rely on the guidance of the Ruach HaKodesh to teach me the steps, admonish me when I err and encourage me when I stray and for this I am eternally grateful.
Don Pedro chasing down Riggs


Here at Hebron we're blessed to be able to live out this blending of the spiritual and the earthly in a way that we hope will bring honour to the name of YHVH.   We come together here to praise, study scripture, fellowship as well as develop the property to become a source of sustenance.




While I was away progress was made on the sheep yards that are being relocated in front of the big water tank.  This weekend when we get together the yards will be finished in time to bring in the flock and process the new batch of lambs.

Fire trailer ready for action
John finished the fire trailer and it's full of water and ready for action if need be, which in light of the horrendous Sampson Flat Fire is very timely.


 Today the blokes from Walsh Bore Drilling came and cleared the bore well.  It took them and John all day to pull the broken pump and cables free but we now have an accessible bore well.  The water table is at 80 metres, which is where it was when we first had the bore drilled.

Praise YHVH, we've had a wet couple of weeks (65mls) so our tanks are full and the paddocks and trees have had a decent drenching, resulting in a good amount of green pick.  We won't be needing to drop another pump into the bore at the moment but it's peace of mind that it's available for when the weather becomes drier again.

Next week I'll be blessed to have my family come together for a few days to welcome our newest member, Tahlia Lee Tunks.  Hebron will be a place of rejoicing and restoration for us all and I personally feel so grateful to YHVH and this community for allowing us to call Hebron home.


Psalm 147:7-11
Sing to YHVH with thanksgiving.
Sing praises to our Elohim on the lyre,
Who covers the heavens with clouds,
Who provides rain for the earth,
Who makes grass to grow on the mountains.
He gives to the beast its food;
To the young ravens which cry.
He does not delight in the strength of the horse,
He does not take pleasure in the legs of a man.
YHVH favours those who fear Him,
Those who wait for His lovingkindness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moedim Preparations

Spring Festival Preparations For us in the southern hemisphere Yom Teruah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot falls in spring.  I might be biased but I think we're pretty blessed to have the new year begin when there's new life and blossom appearing.  On the other hand the weather and wind can be a unpredictable but hey, it keeps it real for Sukkot! This year there's the anticipation of celebrating Sukkot and all that it prophetically points to, but there is a longing to fellowship with our Father and bless Him, listen to Him and enjoy His family. Yakira and I have been excited with the very real expectation that for us there will be a freshness and new life so we have been busy making sure the fellowship home and gardens reflect this.   So we not only make physical preparations but we prepare our hearts.  Yom Teruah has been, Yom Kippur is upon us and Sukkot is before us.  Looking forward to seeing you all drive through our gates!

Misty Moments

 July 2023 I've had a long hiatus in updating the blog but after some prompting I thought I'd pop up a short video.  Yakira and I took some short clips of some of us and we'll do that regularly from now on.  Every month our fellowship meets at Hebron to worship, to honour Shabbat, to enjoy each other's company and to maintain and develop the property.  Those who can stay overnight so we can have more time to be together.  It may seem an odd concept for regular church goers but it's entirely natural for us and something we look forward to.   Eating together, hanging out, working and worshipping together all develops relationships, hones personalities and gives the Ruach time to refine and encourage us. This month was a delightful wintery, misty weekend.  We are at the end of the Mount Lofty ranges so when the cloud sits low it's like being in your own private little world.  Brendan and Neal worked on fixing the house water tank and John was relegated to the tract

Sukkot 2023 - The Winter is Past...

  The voice of my lover.  Behold, He is coming Leaping over the mountains, springing over the hills My lover is like a gazelle or a young buck among the stags Look!  He is standing behind our wall, gazing through the windows Peering through the lattice. In response my lover said to me, "Get yourself up, my darling my pretty one, and come.  Come! For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over, it's gone. Blossoms appear in the land and the time of singing has come...  Song of Songs 2 *   *   * What a blessed time we had over Sukkot here at Hebron.  A few weeks before the start of the festival I was impacted by the understanding that our Creator and Father anticipates meeting with His children more than we anticipate meeting with Him.  His love, His desire to meet with us individually and as a fellowship far surpasses ours, to a degree that it is impossible for us to comprehend.  And meet with Him we did. The moed are His.  His appointments with people who call on His Name, ob