Skip to main content

Summer Delights

There's little areas around the house that I just love walking through and this little path to the caper patch is one of them.  Tracks, gates and little hideaways - love 'em!  Don't you find the scriptures are like that too?  There will be little treasures hidden that pop out and surprise you, inviting you to pause and meditate on YHVH.


It's always such a delight and surprise to see new growth, even when I'm expecting it!  The capers are doing extremely well and most of the bigger plants are bursting with caper buds and flowers.  We've decided to let this crop grow through to the berries and I'd better get my skates on to find out how to pickle them properly.  I anticipate that next year we will be in proper caper picking mode.  What a resilient and worthy little plant this is :)

We like to have a little joke that those with a caper-like nature will do well here at Hebron, but in reality these qualities of resilience and hope are truly ones of YHVH's kingdom.  The ability to develop deep roots to promote grow in spite of the harsh climate; to withstand ill winds; to bear fruit in season and most importantly, to be incredibly forgiving - all essential qualities for community and kingdom life.





This area down the driveway is also another one of my favourite areas, particularly at dusk.  Unfortunately this photo does not let you see and hear the many little honey eaters flitting amongst the flowering bushes.  How blessed I felt as I gave thanks for this little patch we call Hebron.


John and Trevor came up on Monday so we fixed the fencing and allowed the cows to come into the shed paddock, which will give them more feed and shade.  It's going to be a hot few days ahead so they can use the shed and shipping container as shade when needed.  They love to browse amongst the trailers and steel so that will come in handy to clean up the grass - although of course they do also leave a deposit...
 

The orchard is growing nicely and our little crop of apricots are doing quite well.  Unfortunately the time of year trees are blossoming is also when we get our highest winds, so at this point in time a lot of flowers are blown off before they can set fruit.  We'll continue to plant lucerne trees to help mitigate against this loss in future years.  


The reward of a hot summer's day has to be the gorgeous sun sets.  Here you can see the moon rising against the back drop of beautiful pink sky.




When I am writing this blog sometimes I feel there's not much to report, but hopefully I can share the beauty, peace and contentment of Hebron.  Creation, in all its diversity and challenges, is such a wonderful restorative gift of our Father and Maker.  


Psalm 23
1 A psalm of David: YHVH is my shepherd; I lack nothing.  
2 He has me lie down in grassy pastures, He leads me by quiet water, 
  3 he restores my inner person. He guides me in right paths for the sake of His own name.  
4 Even if I pass through death-dark ravines, I will fear no disaster;
for you are with me; your rod and staff reassure me.  
5 You prepare a table for me, even as my enemies watch; 
you anoint my head with oil from an overflowing cup.
  6 Goodness and lovingkindness will pursue me every day of my life; and I will live in the house of YHVH for the length of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moedim Preparations

Spring Festival Preparations For us in the southern hemisphere Yom Teruah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot falls in spring.  I might be biased but I think we're pretty blessed to have the new year begin when there's new life and blossom appearing.  On the other hand the weather and wind can be a unpredictable but hey, it keeps it real for Sukkot! This year there's the anticipation of celebrating Sukkot and all that it prophetically points to, but there is a longing to fellowship with our Father and bless Him, listen to Him and enjoy His family. Yakira and I have been excited with the very real expectation that for us there will be a freshness and new life so we have been busy making sure the fellowship home and gardens reflect this.   So we not only make physical preparations but we prepare our hearts.  Yom Teruah has been, Yom Kippur is upon us and Sukkot is before us.  Looking forward to seeing you all drive through our gates!

Misty Moments

 July 2023 I've had a long hiatus in updating the blog but after some prompting I thought I'd pop up a short video.  Yakira and I took some short clips of some of us and we'll do that regularly from now on.  Every month our fellowship meets at Hebron to worship, to honour Shabbat, to enjoy each other's company and to maintain and develop the property.  Those who can stay overnight so we can have more time to be together.  It may seem an odd concept for regular church goers but it's entirely natural for us and something we look forward to.   Eating together, hanging out, working and worshipping together all develops relationships, hones personalities and gives the Ruach time to refine and encourage us. This month was a delightful wintery, misty weekend.  We are at the end of the Mount Lofty ranges so when the cloud sits low it's like being in your own private little world.  Brendan and Neal worked on fixing the house water tank and John was relegated to the tract

Sukkot 2023 - The Winter is Past...

  The voice of my lover.  Behold, He is coming Leaping over the mountains, springing over the hills My lover is like a gazelle or a young buck among the stags Look!  He is standing behind our wall, gazing through the windows Peering through the lattice. In response my lover said to me, "Get yourself up, my darling my pretty one, and come.  Come! For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over, it's gone. Blossoms appear in the land and the time of singing has come...  Song of Songs 2 *   *   * What a blessed time we had over Sukkot here at Hebron.  A few weeks before the start of the festival I was impacted by the understanding that our Creator and Father anticipates meeting with His children more than we anticipate meeting with Him.  His love, His desire to meet with us individually and as a fellowship far surpasses ours, to a degree that it is impossible for us to comprehend.  And meet with Him we did. The moed are His.  His appointments with people who call on His Name, ob